Sometimes I like to think of life as a book. Maybe it is because I love to read, maybe it is because I just spent the last year teaching reading to fifth graders, I don’t know. My life book, as well as yours, is already written by the One Great Author, and I only have the privilege of reading the page I am on and perhaps flipping through the coming pages.
I think I am at a chapter break in the story of my life. I ended my year teaching in May (a job which I absolutely loved), and while I do hope to teach again someday, The Author has decided that it is time for a new chapter. I am about to embark on a great adventure in South Asia. Just like a reader reading a new book, I have no idea what this chapter in my life entails. All I know is that The Author makes no mistakes, doesn’t need an eraser, doesn’t scratch things out, and can skip the Revise and Edit steps of the writing process. What He rights is perfect. It is perfect for His Will and thus it is perfect for me.
I greet this new chapter with much excitement and a bit of trepidation. Two years away from my family is my greatest concern, but I know that sharing the Good News with those who don’t know it is far more important than my comfort. I am honored to serve The Author in this way.
The countdown is on. Training is about six weeks away. “To the ends of the earth” is in about 3 months. I cannot wait to see what The Author has in store for me! For the next two years, I will be sharing what The Author has done in my life on this blog. I invite you to join me as I attempt to blog the next chapter of my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment