Rest.
It is one thing that is needed.
Rest.
Gsd did it.
Rest.
It is sometimes so hard to find.
Rest.
It is sometimes so hard to take.
It is one thing that is needed.
Rest.
Gsd did it.
Rest.
It is sometimes so hard to find.
Rest.
It is sometimes so hard to take.
After the craziness of my life these past few months, I
desperately needed some rest. He was
faithful, as always, and, although it came in the form of not going to the
villages due to several reasons not under my control, I got a whole week of it.
And, let me tell you, it was splendid!
For me, busyness has a way of robbing me of fruitful time
with the Father. I can do it for a
while, but then there comes a point when I can’t deal with it anymore. It is His way of reminding me that I need
him, I guess. I watched a message from
my home fellowship and my pastor preached on Resting. It was good and I needed to hear it. BTW, you can hear it too at http://www.heartoflife.org/media.php?pageID=6
--click on the “Rest App”
I spent some much needed time in the Word and with Him. And it was good. Plain and simple. He took me through a journey. It was a rough, tear-filled journey at times,
but it was good.
Along with all the good spiritual stuff, I also did some
other great things this week:
1. ** Went to watch the new “Spiderman” at the movies and
then ate at a really good (and cheap) Bengali restaurant.
1. ** Ate some good hummus and chicken shwarma from a
Lebanese restaurant close to our place.
Check out the legit Middle Eastern chicken twirly thing!
** Went for an afternoon at a dear family’s in our city. They have a membership to a local business club with a pool. I pulled my swimming suit out of the recesses of my closet, praised Him when it still fit, and then about freaked out when I realized not only were my ankles showing, but also my calves, knees, and lower part of my thigh. Eek! My legs haven’t seen the light of day in about a year. It was really an odd feeling. But, it was so good to swim and just relax in the pool.
1. ** The new “Batman” movie came out and we just had
to go! Oh, my! I really recommend this one. It was so good. However, you must realize that watch movies
in South Asian theaters is an experience.
For instance, did you know that there is an intermission in movies
here? Yes, even in American movies, they
just put one in—maybe in the middle of a sentence. During this intermission time, people selling
food go up and down the aisles peddling their goods. Odd and kind of like what they do on the train. In addition, people here are very interactive
when they watch movies. When Batman’s
new vehicle appeared, the entire room erupted in applause. By the end of the movie, I was clapping right
along with them.
2. ** We watched some episodes of “Outsourced” and it
is hilarious, especially since I live here.
So, the week is over and I feel refreshed. Thank you Father for this week. Thank you for providing the rest I needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment