Wednesday, July 25, 2012

This Day Last Year


Wow!  This day last year I moved across the country to learn how to live across the world.  This past year has been filled with so much—joy, sadness, laughter, tears, encouragement, frustration, hope, despair.

I’ve been trying for the past hour to encapsulate the past year in this blog, and I can’t.  I can’t believe a whole year has passed.  I looked back through my blog today for “old time’s sake” and, oh my, so much has happened.  This day last year, I had no idea of the things He had in store for me.

He has been teaching me so much this past year—again to much to tell in one blog.  Sometimes I’m not a very fast learner.  On the very first day of training, the speaker said the most important thing was to “just be with Him.”  He said it continually throughout the two months of training.  It is a good thing he drilled it into my head because there have been days in the past year when I could hear his voice saying, “just be with Him.”  Days when I wasn’t sure what to do, days when I wasn’t sure I could do this anymore.  I don’t know why it is sometimes so hard to “just be with Him.”  Why do I let the world crowd out the most important thing?

My Gsd is faithful.  I know it is an elementary Sunday school lesson, but it is so true, and often I forget that no matter what is happening or how dark things seem, He is faithfully there each step of the way.

A song that I have loved for a long time and continues to be applicable in my life is “In Chr.st Alone.”  This past year, it has become overwhelmingly evident that it is only in Chr.st alone that I can do anything, and especially this.  

Here is the song with a video if you want to watch:


This day last year was the beginning of the biggest adventure I've ever begun this year.  This day this year, I am thankful to still be living this adventure with Him.  I can't wait to see what great things He has in store for me in the year ahead, but it will only happen in Chr.st alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment