Thursday, March 8, 2012

Happy Holi!

Today is a special holiday called Holi.  People celebrate it by throwing "colors" on others.  It kind of reminded me of a mix between an Easter egg hunt and a huge water balloon fight at camp.  There is some religious significance to the event, but the actual act of throwing colors of people doesn't have any real religious meaning.  It is just a fun thing to do on Holi.  I would compare it to an Easter egg hunt on Easter.  There is a story behind the holiday, but the egg hunt really has nothing to do with it.

Julie, two other friends who are here, and I all participated in our apartment complex's Holi celebrations.  They had breakfast for us at 10 and then the real fun began.  The most fun was with the kids.  They had powder colors to throw (I did too).  They also mixed colors in water and sprayed it through water guns.  Of course, I had to be a kid too and throw colors with the best of them.  Pink was the color I chose to sprinkle on everyone.  Other colors in the mix were red, green, yellow, and purple.  Needless to say, at the end of a couple hours, we looked like Easter eggs!  And...I still bear the resemblance of one...even after a shower!


Here is a video of some kids playing in the fountain.

Check out the purple boy!

Me all Holied!

As you look at this video and pictures, please lift up these people.  The moral of the story of Holi is that good triumphs over evil.  How true this is, except many do not know and still more do not recognize who the "good guy" is.  Please ask that they eyes and ears would be open to the Truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment