Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sing Along

I’m headed to the village today to being training women in Truth and how to share that Truth.  What a humbling task.  Who am I, a person who often finds it hard to share her own faith, to teach women who have experienced so much more than I could have ever imagined?  These women have walked through the fire of persecution and are standing on the other side waiting to be sent out.  Who am I?  I am nothing.  I have only been called and sent on behalf of the One who is great.  I carry the Name.  But it is He who calls, it is He who heals, it is He who hears, it is He who answers, it is He who forgives, it is He who rains down mercy, it is He that gives courage and power, it is HE!

The new Passion album came out last week and one of the songs on there that has touched my heart is “We’ll Sing Along” by Christy Nockels.  I encourage you to let the YouTube video play (it is the music only) and read the words of this song.  As you listen and read, please lift up those who we are going to reach and teach this week.  Join in the song of our Great Gsd that all will know Him and sing along!
"Sing Along" by Christy Nockels
From babies hidden in the shadows
To the cities shining bright
There are captives weeping
Far from sight
For every doorway has a story
And some are holding back the cries
But there is One who hears at the night

Great G
s
d
Wrap Your arms around this world tonight
Around the world tonight
And when You hear our cries
Sing through the night
So we can join in Your song
And sing along
We'll sing along

From the farthest corners of the earth
Still His mercy reaches
Even to the pain we cannot see
And even through the darkness
There's a promise that will keep us
There is One who came to set us free

Great G
s
d
Wrap Your arms around this world tonight
Around the world tonight
And when You hear our cries
Sing through the night
So we can join in Your song
And sing along
We'll sing along

So let Your song rise
And fill up the earth
Let Your hope ring out
Let Your heart be heard

So let Your song rise
And fill up the earth
Let Your hope ring out
Let Your heart be heard

Great G
s
d
Wrap Your arms around this world tonight
Around the world tonight
And when You hear our cries
Sing through the night
And we will join in Your song
And sing along
We'll sing along

We'll sing along (x6)

Great G
s
d
Wrap Your arms around this world tonight
Around the world tonight
And when You hear our cries
Sing through the night
And we will join in Your song
And sing along
We'll sing along

Great G
s
d
Wrap Your arms around this world tonight
Around the world tonight
And when You hear our cries
Sing through the night
And we will join in Your song
And sing along
We'll sing along

1 comment:

  1. Aaaand this made me tear :)

    I actually thought about you when I heard this song. I'm not sure if you downloaded the deluxe version of the album, but it included the world version of "How Great is Our God." We watched it at church Sunday and I bawled because it made me think of you as well.

    Love you bunches and praying for you unceasingly <3

    ReplyDelete