Sunday, August 7, 2011

Blessed

The end of the week I was very much blessed to listen to Dr. Lawless (VP of Evang. for my company and former professor of doctrine at the Billy Graham school). He went through the basic tenants of faith, but did it in a very applicable way. He would ask, "What do I tell my friend about…?" and then we would discuss the different things we believe about that tenant. It was a bit like a Sword Drill because we went to upteen Scripture passages for each thing we believe. That was fantastic! I am so glad my belief is grounded in something that is True. "Communication with the Father" was also weaved in throughout his teaching. We would learn about one thing, say Man and the Problem of Sin, and then at the end, we interceded with the Father about the lostness of our world.

One of the things reviewing doctrine led me to think about the people in my life who taught me such great Truth. I cannot even begin to name or count the people who have made an impact on my life in that regard. In an effort to not offend anyone by exclusion, I'm not going to name specific people, but you know who you are. . Words cannot express my gratitude! Without you in my life, I would be as lost as the people I am seeking to reach. What a great blessing the Father gave to when He gave me you. I don't know why He gave me such a gift when someone down the street doesn't have people to speak Truth into their lives, but I am so grateful that He did. I desire that my life can be a light in the lives of others, like yours was a light to me. What an amazing aspect of the Family of Gsd. We pass Truth to one person and then that person passes to another. Kind of like a CPM (more about that in blogs to come). So thank you for the time, Truth, encouragement, love, hope, forgiveness, and example you shined into my life. I praise the Father for you and am enthused to know that you continue speaking that into the lives of others as well!

Even though I said I wasn't going to name anyone, I do want to recognize my family. I don't even know where to begin to thank you. From my parents, to my grandparents, to my aunts and uncles, to my cousins, to my other relations who may be a "great" or a "second" or a "once removed," I have been so blessed. Coming from a family of nearly all believers is such an amazing thing. And to think, each and every one of you taught me about the Father, the Son, the Scriptures, and the Body of Believers in some way is such a great, unique part of my life. My heart cries out in gratitude to the Father for that. Thank you so much for not keeping your mouth shut, but for opening it and filling my life with the wisdom you had learned from the Father. I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment