Last Sunday evening, we had a very inspiring ceremony. Each person placed a picture of themselves on the world map as they said their name and a request to lift to the Father for their people group. After the 100 or so families or singles had done that, the map was filled with people's faces being sent out across the earth. What an awesome thing!
Part of our sessions this week have dealt with mobilization, which defined by the presenters is any process Gsd uses to awaken His people and to keep them moving and growing until they find their place in the Great Commission. This subject is very near and dear to my heart. Growing up as a GA, I learned about so many people serving our Lord. It is one of the reasons I am where I am today. The projects I did and the concerns I lifted toward heaven made me feel a part of the effort going on around the world. I know many of you can also relate to this—whether it be through magazine publication, articles, or giving monetarily.
A quote I heard this week was, "The Great Commission wasn't just given to (my organization), but to the (congregation of believers)." How true that is! Some can go, most can give, but ALL can "ask, seek, and knock." We may all have different roles Gsd wants us to fulfill to further His Kingdom, but each role is important to reaching and disciplining all nations. No matter what our role, we are in a partnership together with a common vision—to see people come to a saving relationship with ÁC and for them to grow in that relationship so they reach others for Him. I thoroughly believe that although I may be the person on the ground doing ministry, people who intercede have just as much or more impact than me. From what I have experienced during short-term trips, as well as what I have read from others serving in the field, I know intercession is not only a want, it is a necessity. Without thousands of people pleading with the Father from home, work done overseas would not be possible.
I understand and feel a great responsibility to those of you who support me from home. Although I know things will probably get busy and stressful, I promise to you that I will do my very best to keep the communication lines open. I recognize there is no way I can make an impact on a people without your petitions to the Father. My role is no more important than yours! Right now, I'm blogging and sending weekly emails. If you want to be on my email list, please email me at eorre@aol.com. Also, if you know of other people who would intercede with the Father, have them email me as well or email me their email addresses. I'm working on some other ideas to keep you updated as well, and I will let you know of those when they occur.
Not only am I responsible to keep you involved so you can "ask, seek, and knock", I am compelled to share with you what I am learning. I have no doubt that some of you reading my blog will be prompted to do either short-term or long-term trips. I hope to encourage you to do that as I write.
At the end of one of the presentations yesterday about the benefits of serving in this sending organization, a clip from one of my favorite movies, "It's a Wonderful Life" was shown. It is the clip from the end of the movie when George Bailey comes into the house yelling for Mary. He has just discovered that he really does have a wonderful life. He is greeted by his four children, but Mary is nowhere in sight. Suddenly Mary rushes in the door and begins to clear the table. In the house yammering about how much the town loves George comes Uncle Billy with a basket full of change and small bills. Over the next few seconds, citizens of the town file in and drop what little money they can spare on the table. Someone yells that a good friend (Sam "HeeHaw" Wayneright) has just wired an enormous amount of money. George is so in awe at the generosity of his community members. The thought of people who at times can barely afford the basics giving to a friend in time of need brings tears to his eyes. Tears came to my eyes as well. I'd never thought about how this part of this movie now describes my life. Millions of people give selflessly every year to the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering and through their congregation's cooperative program so that thousands of people, including myself, can proclaim the Good News to those who have never heard. Millions of people also remember to lift us up. I am extremely humbled and amazed by this. You make it possible for so much ministry to take place. Thank you! With sincere gratitude, thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment