Saturday, August 13, 2011
Quilting Quad
On campus there are is a place called the "Quilting Quad" or more commonly referred to as the sewing room. It is an awesome ministry a couple of retired couples do for those of us at orientation. In this quad are about 8 sewing machines and fabric from all over the world in various shades and patterns. Throughout the week and on Saturdays we can go there and sew many different things, such as a purse, bag, wallet, passport holder, or quilt for free. Often this room is abuzz with ladies, and even some men, working on their individual projects. The ladies who run the sewing room are most patient and help even the most beginning of sewer complete their project. Their husbands even get in on the action and help cut batting. However, they really like to work puzzles in the corner and socialize with all of us.
I went there this past Saturday and Sunday and made a purse. It holds my Kindle and has room for some other things, like my journal, Gsd's Word, etc. When I made it, I also put in an interior pocket just for my passport. I'm thinking it will be a good thing for the airplane since it goes across my body and zips. I also bought a wallet that they had already made. All the proceeds of items already sewn are split between restocking the supplies and the LMCO (go to Lottie).
Here is a picture of my masterpiece and my wallet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm looking for the picture, but can't find it. Do I need to click on something? Did you put the zipper in by yourself or get a little help? Sounds really useful!
ReplyDeleteI didn't get the picture loaded when I first did it, but it is here now. I did put in the zipper and it wasn't too difficult. I sewed the backside and then did a top stich on both sides of it. They helped me so much though that I don't think I could replicate it :( I really like it though!
ReplyDeleteSO CUTE! Please bring that with you.
ReplyDelete