This week has gone nothing like I thought it would. We were supposed to leave Monday to go to the village. Due to some political unrest, we canceled our trip an hour before our train was scheduled to leave. We had been trying to get tickets to go later in the week so we could still meet with some of the women, but there were multiple hiccups trying to get that accomplished. To say I was bummed was a bit of an understatement. I was very excited about the topic we were going to share with the women. I was ready to get out of the city for a while. I really wanted to go and suddenly, due to nothing I could control, we weren't going. I was mad at the Enemy because we couldn't go. Yes, our national partners would go without us to share with the women, but I wanted to go too. I felt like we were being thwarted at every turn and no matter what we tried, things kept disintegrating.
I knew in the midst of it all to trust the Father. He knows more. He knows better. He knows.
This morning, Julie woke up sick. Not just a little sick, but a lot sick. Rerun of dengue sick. She kept getting worse throughout the day. It soon became evident that a trip to the Emergency Room was in order. It was at that moment I began to see. Had we been in the village, we would have been 12 hours away from a good hospital. However, instead, we were in the city where we could call friends for advice. We were in the city where we could get a taxi to take us to a reputable hospital. We were in the city where we could communicate effectively. We were in the city…which is right where we needed to be.
I don't always get it. I don't always understand. Thankfully, He does get it and He does understand. I don't know why things worked the way they did. I can't say the political unrest that happened in the village happened to keep us in the city. But, I do know that the Father's plan is perfect. I know that the He has us in the Palm of His Hand. I know that He has divine providence that is uniquely His.
"And we know that in all things Gsd works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28
No comments:
Post a Comment