Sunday, June 10, 2012

Content in all Things

As part of the last night of camp, we opened the floor for some people to ask us questions. They could be questions about us, our Body of Believers, America, pretty much anything. We got quite a few questions about why they can't come to America, why the children from America can't come to Africa, and questions about how we could improve their quality of life. I don't think those were quite the questions we had in mind, but it was interesting to get a little perspective on what they think of us when we come here.

Our leader shared with them Philippians 4:12 in which Paul says, "I know what it is like to be in need, and I know what it is like to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." It's a great verse that speaks to their situation.

Going to Africa is roughing it a bit for some folks. I think it is a bit more so that way than South Asia. Going to camp in Africa is really roughing it. We didn't have electricity all day today. We all dealt with that pretty well. Tonight, the electricity was turned back on, but when we got back to our rooms after the service, we had no water. That was a problem. I might draw the line at no water, especially when I'm covered in sand and really, really need a shower.

The Father's humor is pretty funny sometimes. Not 30 minutes previous, we were telling others about the importance of being content in all things. Now we were without running water. There's nothing like having to take some of your own medicine. Don't worry, we didn't complain…too much. But then again, the water pump was fixed pretty quickly too.

Haha, Gsd, You're funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment