Do you ever wonder why things happen the way they
happen? Especially when things aren’t
going according to plan? I often wonder
this, but don’t often get an answer as to why things are going the way they are
going. Today was a rare day when I think
I found out why things were happening how they were happening.
We were schedule to go to a village not too far outside of
the capital city of Lome. We were even
probably going to be on time, something we had yet to accomplish on this
trip. We kept driving and driving. By the time we realized we had passed the village
we were supposed to stop and teach at, we had gone a 30 minutes out of the
way. Grr. Now we were going to be late once again.
Condensing has been the name of the game on this trip. Mom’s health teaching could easily take over
5 hours of teaching time, but coming into the trip she knew she would have to
squeeze it into 2 hours. Then, things
got shorted even more so we could make it to more villages and both her health teaching
and my gardening teaching needed to fit into two hours. This, compounded with the fact that we were
now late to another village, and we might have to even further condense was a
bit frustrating to me.
We arrived about 30 minutes late to the village and began
teaching. Mom and I did our normal
program of her talking about health and me talking about gardening. As part of my teaching, I share the Good
News. As I was just about to begin that
story, a woman slipped into the back of the church.
I shared the Good News and asked if anyone wanted to ask for
His forgiveness and give him their life.
The lady in the back who had just arrive about 30 minutes previously
said that she wanted to have a close friendship with ÁC. I helped her become a new sister.
So, at the beginning of the trip, we weren’t even scheduled
to be at this village, and yet we were there.
At the beginning of the day, we were scheduled to be at the village 30
minutes earlier. Vontree, the woman who
gave her life to the Son, is a school marm.
Had we been there 30 minutes earlier, she would have still been teaching
school. If things had gone according to my plan, we wouldn't have been there at all or we would have finished telling the Good News before this lady arrived.
Wow! The Father is good! He takes our best laid plans and changes them
for His Perfect Plan so people come to know Him and He gets all the glory.
| Vontree and Me--Sisters for all Eternity |
No comments:
Post a Comment