Thursday, August 30, 2012

Dad, This One's for You

Even in South Asia, the tractor battle rages on...

Massey Ferguson 
That's a 241, by the way.

verses

John Deere
I found a John Deere dealership out in a pretty small village town.


I saw several tractors that looked similar to this one on the road, but couldn't catch a picture of one. Look at how they decorated it!  Maybe American John Deere should take note! LOL!
However, over here, the real winner is the Mahindra.  Mahindra is a huge Indian company that makes tractors, cars, auto-truck things, and just about everything that has four wheels.

8 out of 10 tractors I see look similar to this one.

But, seeing all these tractors just makes me want to drive "mine", which in my opinion is the best:  Massey Ferguson 265!

I really do miss driving it!  Not so much all the work associated with it though.  Somehow the tractor becomes less fun when there is an "appendage" (aka:  rake, disk, drill, planter, etc.) on it.  But, oh the feel of the wind and dust flying in my face as I went down gravel road in 4th gear...

No comments:

Post a Comment