Julie got so me pre-Christmas this year and got to open her package about a week early. She desperately needed what was wrapped up and sitting on our table, so Christmas came early for her.
Christmas day, it was time for my gifts from Julie! Obviously, from the pictures, I haven't been awake too long.
I'm opening this gift and see a Harry Potter book. Julie and I decided not too long ago that I needed to read the Harry Potter books, both for pleasure and so that I will know what my students are talking about when they go on and on about Harry Potter. That, and, I think when I go to London next Summer, some Harry Potter memorabilia is on the agenda.
Thank you, Julie!
Julie had a few other gifts from me and her stocking.
And a gift from my parents.
I gave them to my neighbors and then to the children in the family that we celebrated Christmas with.
And the food...
Bacon wrapped chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes, carrot souffle, rolls, broccoli salad, and sweet potato casserole.
Then the dessert...pumpkin pie, apple pie, dream whip, mint brownies, and coffee.
A major highlight of Christmas was Skyping home and visiting with family.
Here is Nathaniel reading the Christmas story.
Grandma and Grandpa "helped" me open my stocking.
I got to see some family I haven't seen in quite a while!
Christmas 2012, a great day full of my "adopted family" here and my "real family" there!




No comments:
Post a Comment