Saturday, July 6, 2013

To My Daniels...Thank You



Dear Family and Friends,

 “All my bags are packed and I’m ready to go…’Cause I’m leaving on a jet plane, don’t know when I’ll be back again…”  Those lines have never been truer.  Today, I am leaving India, the place I have called my home-away-from-home for almost two years.  It has been quite a journey, both with its high-highs, low-lows, and everything in-between.  Through it all, the Father has been there faithfully being enough for me in every situation.  You have also been there through it all.  By reading my newsletters and blogs, you’ve seen some amazing things the Father has done.  You’ve also read some of the difficulties and how the Father’s grace and mercy enabled me to get through it.

Words do not begin to express my gratitude to you for your faithful support to me during my time serving the Lord overseas!  I appreciate so much your partnership with God and me in spreading the Good News of Jesus in eastern India.  The Lord worked and moved in many ways, some of which were seen immediately and some of which we may not be able to see this side of heaven.  The Work here would not have been nearly as fruitful without your prayers.  You were just as instrumental in all the Father did in east India as I was.  Without your prayers and financial support through the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering and the Cooperative Program, it would not have been possible.

On a personal level, without knowing you were fighting for me on your knees on the other side the world, I probably would have returned home to the States.  This is by far the most difficult thing I have ever done and it is only by the Father’s steadfast presence coupled with your encouragement and support that I was able to stand and stay.  Exodus 14:14 says, “The Lord will fight for you; you only need to be still.”  In Daniel 10, we see Daniel on his knees in prayer and God saying He will go and fight the enemy.  You are my Daniel.  There were some pretty intense moments of spiritual warfare where I could do nothing but be still and I knew God was fighting the Enemy for me because He was answering your prayers for me.  The words ‘thank you’ do not even begin to adequately express my gratitude to you!

Although I leave India today, I have a few stops before arriving home-home.  To see the adventures I have before reaching home, please continue to check back here.  Please also remember to lift up the women and children I worked with here. G0d’s work isn’t finished yet!

On July 27 and 28 from 11:00 am-4:30 pm, there will be a “Orr Celebration” at my home to celebrate my homecoming and my brother’s graduation from university. If you are in the area and available to come, I would love to see you and express my thanks, appreciation, and love in person.

With much Thanks and Love,
Elisa

1 comment:

  1. this is schanda and I agree the lord is not done yet and ik what it is like to leave a place you start to call home have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete