Monday, July 1, 2013

He is Enough

I've learned many things these past two years.  One of them is, He is enough.

Moving away from the closeness of family and the comforts of home really strips you down to the basics.

Jesus.

It has been an interesting journey, but the thing I have found is that Jesus is enough.

No matter what is happening, what I think I need, what the situation looks like, what I am feeling--Jesus is enough.

The South Asian schedule is a night lover/morning hater person's dream.  Shops don't open until at least 10 am, more like 11 am.  It is expected to be in your house until late in the morning.

Most mornings there isn't anything to do but sleep, drink coffee, and spend time with Him.  It has been a real blessing to have that time to spend lingering moments in His presence without needing to rush on to the next thing.

When much of the outside world seemed like it was spinning out of control, I had my time with Him, and He was enough.

I am about to re-enter into my own culture--one that is not a night lover/morning hater persons dream.  One that jam packs things into the day (of which I have been a chief offender) and there is always something that needs done in 5 minutes.  One where finding lingering moments in His presence is difficult.

I won't have time in the mornings like I do in South Asia.  Up at 5:00 am and to school by 7:15 am doesn't leave the time chunk (plus the mind awareness) with Jesus like I'm used to having.

But, I remember the lesson I learned while here:
He is enough.

And, He will be enough in America too.
Just like here, I must be diligent to spend time with Him, because, just like here, I can do nothing there without Him either.  He will be enough to take the time I have in the morning with Him and use it throughout the day.  He will be enough.  Just like He proved He was enough here, He will be enough there.  It may look and be different, but He will be the same.

He will be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment