Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Day South Asian Style

Here is Christmas Day as told by the pictures I took...

At a little after midnight, Julie and I opened our first package from my parents.  Yeah, candy and a cute mug!

I woke up at 5:45 to bake the biscuits I had made the previous night and make sausage (yes, pork, the forbidden meat) gravy.
We had to get up really early (6:30) to eat breakfast.

We could hardly keep our eyes open and our heads up!

We opened our stockings from Laura and looked to see if Santa had left us anything.  He had!  There was a pearl necklace for each of us!  He even knew where to find us in South Asia!

Then, we went to ch.rch and enjoyed their Christmas service.  We sang two English carols for their special music.  Following the service, we enjoyed a dinner with them.

We were invited to tea (really, coke) at a ch.rch member's home and fellowshiped there for a while.
Then, I took a nap and it felt good! (no picture of that needed :) )
We had dinner at the American Club as a group.  Look at all the good stuff!












It was a great day spending time remembering our Savior's birth with friends and national believers.  Definitely unlike any Christmas I've had before! 

P.S. This is also the first Christmas I was bitten by a mosquito!




No comments:

Post a Comment