Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Some things you have to do no matter where you are…decorating for Christmas is one of them. I had to get a bit creative this year, as much of what I would normally use to decorate is at home in America and simply not available here. However, with the help of a Christmas tree left here by the family whose apartment we are staying in and several creative minds, we have pieced together a pretty well decorated flat.
One of the traditions in my family is to put candles in the window.  I've done it every year and this year I had no candle.  I went to a hole in the wall electric shop and made my own lightbulb thing for a Christmas candle. I drew what I wanted and they hooked me up...to bad it isn’t working anymore...
Our front door.  This idea was from my mom when I was in college and it works here too!
Gotta have Christmas cookies while decorating!

Julie hanging her snowflakes next to our stockings
Laura stringing popcorn for our tree

Lindsey making paper chains to decorate the window

I made the gold bows to put one the tree (something that is also always present on my family's tree) and then had the priveledge of putting on the doll we made into an angel on top of the tree...oh, the benefits of being tall...

Our tree
The reason for the season...my Nativity scene and The True Story of Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment