Monday, December 26, 2011

'Twas the Night Before Christmas

I spent about 10 minutes thinking about how this could be a poem, but alas could not seem to get one to come out, so another narrative it is…

With the volunteer team here and this being our first Christmas away from home, many fun events were planned to keep us from getting too homesick.  Earlier in the day, we had an outreach Christmas party at our house that went fantastic!  I described it in full in a Christmas newsletter I sent out, so if you would like to receive that newsletter, please email me at eorre@aol.com.  Anyway, I felt about ready to collapse after our friends left the party.  But, push on we must because Christmas was coming!

That night we all went over to our friend’s home to celebrate.  We ate some very yummy pizza from Pizza Hut.  No kidding, Pizza Hut!  They have it here and it tastes just like the stuff from home!  We also watched The Nativity Story together.  It was great to sit around the screen watching one depiction of our Savior’s birth with so many like-minded friends.  We could relax, stuff ourselves, and remember the night the Son of Gsd came into the world. 
Of course, we also opened presents!  There were so many packages under the tree!  The team brought presents for everyone…things like Oreos, marshmallows, and m&ms…you know the important stuff.  I also got some lovely ornaments.  The four of us girls got Outburst B.ble Trivia!  I can’t wait to play.  I’ve been missing playing B.ble Trivia.  My favorite part though was watching the three little boys open their presents.  They were so excited about each and every gift.  It reminded me a bit of my two younger cousins and how they used to be on Christmas.

What could be in there?

Some beautiful ornaments I received

B.ble Outburst!!
 On the way home, Lindsey and I found some Christmas lights hanging in the street and insisted our rickshaw wala turn around and drive us through them. As we gazed at the lights, we began to sing Christmas carols and continued singing all the way home.
Dashing through the snow?...no, Dashing through the lights

1 comment:

  1. T'was the day after Christmas and we have gathered to celebrate with family. Not everyone could be here and we will continue getting together throughout the next week. We have caught folks up on all your blogs and N. has given a horn concert using his new music stand. He have been looking at the art of henna and looking at the book you left here. How long does the henna stain stay on your hand? We may be inspired to have a party and invite the ladies to have a story put on their hand. We do not have snow to dash through here either. Wanted to say HI! and Merry Christmas. We love you! I got a really cool present for Christmas and was surprised!!--Dad says it was due to you "putting a bug" in his ear and N being an elf! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete