This past week, to go to a training conference, I took the train for the first time. Unless you count the train at Silver Dollar City and the zoo, this was my first train ride experence. It was really great! We left at 6:00 am and arrived at 1:00. Pretty much all I did was sleep, eat, and read. Many, many more train rides are in our future...eventually we'll do the night train. More on that when it comes!
 |
| Julie and I on the train ready to go |
 |
| Snack 1: Tea and Biscuits. Notice the SKIM milk powder...who'd have thought? |
 |
| Meal 1: Breakfast of omlete, bread, and tea. |
 |
| Snack 2: Tomato Soup and Cracker Sticks |
 |
| Meal 2: Lunch of Butter Masala Paneer, Ruti (bread), yogurt, vegetables, dal (yellow lentals), and rice. |
 |
Ice cream for dessert!
As you can see, I was well fed on my 7 hour journey! |
 |
| My view of the passing countryside outside my somewhat dirty window. |
 |
| Howrah Station, one of the busiest stations in this part of the country. |
No comments:
Post a Comment