We had a layover in Bangkok to start our trip and a Dunkin Donuts, Burger King, McDonalds, and several other restaurants I hadn't seen in quite sometime greeted me. It was a hard decision, but...
Dunkin Donuts won. It was like heavenly goodness in my mouth when I bit into that yeast donut.
That night we ate Mexican and El Diablos which is located in the heart of Chiang Mai along the mote. We had homemade corn chips that tasted a lot like Fritos and then I had to decide between nachos, quesadillas, and a burrito.
I chose the burrito. Yum, yummy!
Chiang Mai has 5 Starbucks. I just had to have a coffee date with Julie there!
Delightful!
For lunch on Tuesday, we decided we really should eat some Thai food while we were in Thailand. We happened upon this cute little restaurant across from the Buddhist temple we were about to visit.
This was the menu listed outside the restaurant. We could not decide what to order...so we ordered a lot!
Spring rolls,
Kao soi,
Cashew Chicken,
and Mango Sticky Rice. Some of you may know I don't like mangoes (might be the only food I don't like), but the sticky rice and peanuts were fantastic.
Look at our happy faces--well, I look a bit like deer in headlights, but I really am happy. That was the best Thai food I'd ever tasted!
That night (somehow we found room) we ate at Duke's. It came under the recommendation of several of our friends.
The menu was quite extensive...salads, burgers, pizza, ribs, sandwiches, and pastas. It took us a good 10 minutes to strategize and figure out the best thing to eat.
I chose BBQ Pork ribs, baked beans, fries, veggies, Cole slaw, and cornbread. I hadn't had anything like those ribs in a long time. They were lip-smacking good!
After walking around the night market, we found this food stall and were intrigued. We'd heard Banana Roti was good, and boy was it! It was a thin dough wrapped around a banana and then pan fried. Chocolate was added at the end for a delectable treat!
The next day, Wednesday, we went to one of our friend's favorite places. We had some good chicken strips and fries there.
For dessert, we had this baked goodness. It is an undercooked cookie topped with ice cream. Fabulous!
The last meal I had before leaving Thailand I had been dreaming about for a while. A whopper. Oh man, I've already used about every adjective to describe food in this blog already, so I'm not sure how to describe my first few bites of this. It was just plain good! Hmmm...my mouth is watering just thinking about it!
Needless to say, we ate pretty well on this trip. I think hear Jillian Michaels calling my name... Got to run--literally!
No comments:
Post a Comment