Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Weirdest Thing I've Ever Done

Yesterday, I arrived in Thailand.  It has been an amazing last 36 hours and I have so much to share in the coming blogs, but I just had to share what I did tonight.  It is the strangest experience I've ever chosen to do.

I stuck my feet in water and let hundreds of little fish eat them.

Yep, that crazy thing you see on TV and think, "I am never going to do that.  That is too weird."--I did that!

We did a thing called Fish Therapy.  Fish eat the dead skin off your feet.  Apparently some people do it regularly for medicinal purposes.  

We did the 15 minutes.  It cost $4, but for this once in a lifetime experience, it was worth every penny or baht!

The Rules

Prewashing--I'm a bit nervous.  Plus, my ankles are showing...that hasn't happened in public in over 6 months.

My face the first few seconds I put my feet in.  It was the strangest feeling ever!  It tickled and I could feel them feasting.

Apparently my feet were pretty gross.  Look at all those little fish eating off my dead skin!

I'm smiling...but I'm really thinking "Are my 15 minutes up yet?"  By the end, I was ready  to pull my feet out of there.

Here is a video of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment