Monday, October 24, 2011

The First Day of School


It was one of my favorite days today—the first day of school. Ever since I was small, I remember longing for this day and throughout the years I have had a cyclical role…student, teacher, and back at student again! To say I was ready to being language school was an understatement! I was so excited to begin to learn Bangla (what the locals call Bengali) in a structured, organized fashion. I had heard great things about this language school, and today did not disappoint. We began with a devotion from the Father's Word…how great is that…to be going to a school here that begins each day with a devotion!?!?! Then we had two hours of class with a tea (ca, pronounced cha) break in the middle. Our teacher is wonderful! She is actually the principal of the school, but she prefers her teacher role. We learned basic greetings, vowel and consonant sounds, days of the week, subject, possessive, and object pronouns (does that sound familiar, my old students?), and some other basic commands. I have been studying most of the evening to try to get everything down before I go back tomorrow. I can't wait to return tomorrow to learn more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment