So, it hit me yesterday. I have been gone from home for a month. I have 21 more of these months. Up until that point, I don't think it fully registered that I am really going to be gone for two years. Two years of not going home, two years of not being with my family, two years of life in South Asia. It's odd. I knew when I signed up for this that it would be hard. That is why I would only do it if it was what the Father wanted. However, up until now, with training and lots of travel, it has all seemed like camp or vacation. It is beginning to seem real now. Perhaps that is because I had an extremely frustrating day yesterday. All the comforts of home weren't there to comfort me. It was only me and the Father. And, I have got to learn to let be enough. Because He is enough!
Philippians 4 has always been an important passage for me, and I am clinging to it now.
"Rejoice in the Lsrd always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lsrd is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of Gsd, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in ÁC.
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the Gsd of peace will be with you."
Often it is my gentleness that slips. Being in a place where you have to stick up for your rights lest you find yourself being constantly ripped off, it is hard to remember gentleness. Yet is clear what the Word says. Frustration and then worry get me, and I often dwell on those things. These verses are so practical as to what I should be dwelling upon because the result of that is the Father's peace.
I thank you all so much for remembering me and for lifting me up. I know I have a whole army of warriors going to battle for me at home. I cannot express my appreciation enough. Life here is sometimes hard…not being home is sometimes hard…but ÁC is worth it…the souls of these people are worth it…
May I truly be able to follow Paul's example, "Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ."
Hi, Punkin, just trust in Him and He'll take care of you! You'll be fine. We lift you up and I am still crocheting butterflies thinking of you. One day at a time...
ReplyDelete