So, in America, I never really went to coffee shops to just hang out, read, or do work. I would on ocassion grab a coffee on my way to class from the local university coffee place, but that was about the extent of it.
I also never really drank Starbucks, partly because there wasn't a shop near me, but mostly because I thought the coffee was really quite expensive. I think in America I drank Starbucks a total of 3 times.
Things have changed a little bit since moving overseas.
Thailand had Starbucks on about every other corner and there is just something about drinking a Starbucks that makes the already good coffee seem extra special. Perhaps because it is from America. Perhaps it really does just taste the best.
Recently, my country in South Asia opened a Starbucks in two of its biggest cities (but not mine.) When I was in the capital last month, I stopped at the one in the Airport. Oh, boy, it was good. I was going to take a picture of my favorite drink, a nonfat iced mocha, but got so involved in drinking it that I forgot to take the picture until it was almost gone. And, in South Asia, the prices are less than the prices in the States!
I've also developed this love for sitting in a coffee shop and reading, meeting with people, or working on a project. There is just something so relaxing about it. Thankfully, in my city there are several other options for coffee shops: my personal South Asian favorite--Barista, Cafe Coffee World, and the South Asian speciality--Cafe Coffee Day. They are even building a Cafe Coffee Day in the bottom of my apartment complex! I am so excited! I've heard rumors it will open later this week. What a treat!
I'm a little concerned about my coffee shop and Starbucks fixation because in America, that is going to break the bank. Better enjoy it now while I can...
No comments:
Post a Comment